Warmth and Fuzzies

5:53 PM / Posted by Me /

Today I saw the perfect word to describe this weather : June-uary. It hasn't gotten better. I'm ready to call the weather station and complain.

I've been quite the busy girl lately. This weekend was completely insane and completely wonderful. I had two parties on Saturday night, where I saw a few friends I hadn't seen since graduation. Sunday was Katya's party, which was a very good time (I got to see my mock trillians, who I love to death) and afterwards, the Def Leppard concert!!! Yes, we had lawn seats. Yes, we got rained on the entire time. But seriously, it was Def Leppard, so who even cares? There was some guy in front of us who wore swim trunks because he knew it would be rainy, which was hilarious, because every time a song came on that he liked, he would jump to his feet, pick the swim trunk wedgie he got whenever he sat down, and start hardcore headbanging. So funny. On the way home, we ran on E the entire time and went to four gas stations before we found one that was open, which was also quite the experience. I was never genuinely afraid of breaking down before, but during that eternity-long gas station hopping trip, I was seriously worried we were going to get stranded in the middle of the road. It's all good, though. Thank god for 24-hour truck stops.

Last night was my graduation party and one of the best times I've had in a while. It was a really great group of people; everyone meshed extremely well and it seemed like they all had a blast. I got to see a few kids I don't always get to see, which was great. But when I got home and opened my cards, ohh mannn, that was an emotional trip I didn't expect. I didn't cry at all during class day or baccalaureate or graduation or anything, but last night I sat at my kitchen table, reading the most heartfelt cards I've ever received, sobbing. It hits me at the weirdest moments that I'm leaving so many people I love behind. I hate it so much.

But I'm not going to think about that for now. August 19th is a long ways away. I'm not leaving really that soon, right?

Today I tried to give blood but was denied because, apparently, I have a low iron count. Grrrrr. Whatever though, I'm used to ridiculous luck. As of now, I'm just hanging around my house and later on I'm going on a WalMart run with Katya and my supervisor Judy from work. It's going to be fun =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment