Wondering

4:25 PM / Posted by Me /

Today was a wondering sort of day. You know what I mean. Those days when you don't do much but be lethargic, mind bogged down with all kinds of stray thoughts.

It was a little sunnier for maybe an hour or two. Then the sun retreated back behind the clouds. Apparently, he didn't feel like showing his face today. Maybe the sun is having a wondering kind of day too.

So there's this guy who's been having quite an effect on me lately. I met him this year and we bonded instantaneously in the one class we had together, but romantically, I never gave him a second thought. He has a girlfriend, and honestly, I just never thought about it. However, in these past few weeks, everything's changed. A lot. Now, he has me up until three in the morning talking about everything. And for the first time since my last jerk of a boyfriend left, I've fallen hard. And I don't know what to do. His relationship with his girlfriend, as I've learned, is falling apart and he doesn't want to be a part of it anymore. He's also admitted to falling for me. Yeah. Lots of falling going on here. Last night, he told me that with every conversation, he likes me more and more. And then he poses the question, "Well, what should we do? :/" I know perfectly well what I'd like to do more than anything. But I also know equally well what he needs to do if he wants this. And finally, I know what's going to happen on August 19 - leaving for college three hours away. My mind and my heart are in a terrible battle right now, and all I want is for it to somehow be resolved.

For now, though, I'm off to work with one of my best friends. Maybe I'll be able to put the wondering on hold and just breathe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment